SUN TOURS offers our clients peace of mind with a comprehensive Travel Protection Plan at an affordable rate. Your trip investment is considerable and valuable. We offer optional Travel Protection Plans that typically includes*:
Trip Cancellation 100% of cost ($15,000 limit)
Trip Interruption 150% of cost ($22,500 limit)
Travel Delay $750 ($150/day)
Missed Connection $500
Baggage & Personal Effects $1,500
Baggage Delay $400
Emergency Medical Expenses2 $50,000
Emergency Dental Expenses2 $500
Emergency Medical Evacuation $250,000
Pre-existing Condition exclusion Waiver
CANCELLATION & INTERRUPTION
Protect travel investments and recover non-refundable, prepaid costs if your trip is canceled or interrupted. Popular reasons include:
• Sickness, Injury or Death
• Home/Destination Uninhabitable or Inaccessible
• Certain Required to Work
• Common Carrier Cancellation/Delay
• Named Hurricane
• Certain Involuntary termination/lay-off
• Terrorist Act
• Certain Financial Insolvency
• Jury Duty/Subpoena
• Traffic Accident
Reimbursement for additional costs such as accommodations, transportation and meals if your trip is delayed 6 hours or more.
Reimbursement for additional costs such as accommodations, transportation and meals if flight is missed by 3 hours or more.
BAGGAGE & PERSONAL EFFECTS
Reimbursement for personal articles and expenses if bags are lost, stolen or damaged.
Reimbursement for personal articles and expenses if bags are delayed for 24 hours or more.
EMERGENCY MEDICAL & DENTAL EXPENSES
Emergency medical or dental treatment if a sickness or injury occurs while traveling. $50 deductible in some states.
EMERGENCY MEDICAL EVACUATION
Includes emergency medical evacuation to the nearest suitable medical facility, help returning home if medically necessary, and repatriation and travel expenses for escort.
TRAVEL ASSISTANCE SERVICES
Includes a wide range of services before and during trips through a 24/7 toll free number. Includes assistance with medical emergencies, lost documents, event ticketing and more.
PRE-EXISTING CONDITION EXCLUSION WAIVER
Pre-existing medical conditions are eligible for coverage when:
• The traveler is medically able to travel at the time of plan purchase
• Plan is purchased at or before final payment A pre-existing condition is an Injury, Sickness or other condition (excluding any condition from which death ensues) of an Insured, Traveling Companion or Family Member traveling with the Insured within the 120 day period immediately preceding the Insured’s plan purchase date.
* Plan details may vary. Contact our office for the complete policy.
SUN TOURS recommends that Travel Protection be purchased for most tours and all cruises.
We will provide full details of plan costs, coverages, and purchase deadlines with your deposit receipt.
SUN TOURS is covered with a Tour Operator’s Professional Liability Policy up to a limit of $3,000,000.00. This coverage will cover our clients if our error or omission results in injury or loss.